Saturday, December 28, 2013

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas everyone! I heard you were all getting burried in ice and snow. Sounds like it was a white Christmas in Maine. Not here though. We had a warm Christmas. Actually, it got down to 60 last night - it was chilly. It's usually around 70 to 80 degrees Farenheit at night in the wintertime. Just imagine the summer! Anyways, I am now in a place called Lake Worth in North Palm Beach. We came here to escape a storm that was coming straight for Peanut Island where we were. So we motored into Lake Worth. There is a Publix food mart nearby and you can go fishing. In fact, we caught some yesterday and had them for Christmas dinner. One was a Corvelle Jack and the other was a Spanish Mackerel. Wren and I had fun catching them.

For Christmas, I got some swimming stuff like a noodle and a wave board. I also got some cool games, books and a lot of candy! My mom bought a tiny fake Christmas tree. It's about half a foot tall, but hey! It worked!

On Christmas Day, we opened presents, and then my Dad make really good pancakes. Wren and I played with our new toys while Mom and Dad picked up wrapping paper and packaging. Later in the day, we went to a cool place called Munyon Island. We had no idea what was on the island, but we did know we were in for some exploring! We docked the dinghy, and then walked along the boardwalk. It was a lot of fun until we discovered three inch long spiders blocking our path. It was not enjoyable. We had my dad go first with a palm frond to brush the spiders out of the way. We did a lot of ducking, shouting, and dancing on that trip. I just about died with laughter because my Mom got told she had a spider on her. It was so funny! The trail had led to a beach that was dotted with old coral. The way back was a lot more enjoyable knowing that the spiders were out of the way. On the way back we found a giant centipede. He was SO cool!  

Christmas this year was a lot of fun!

Love,

Riley

No comments:

Post a Comment