Sunday, March 30, 2014

Bobette

"Breaking news, everybody!" "You know Bob, Riley Fraser's outstanding pet cockroach, right? Well, recent news reports tell me that Bob, is a... a...a GIRL!"

Yup. Bob, is a girl. She proved it by laying an inch long, brown egg sac. It's a very odd, cylinder shaped egg case. At first, I was going to take the egg case to shore and let it go, but Bob made sure that didn't happen by pasting it to the side of her cage with goo. Even though I love bugs and creepie crawlies, I was too disgusted to take it off. Mother and unhatched offspring remain together. The egg case hasn't hatched yet, but I'll let you know as soon as it hatches. 




Auntie Wendy, you must be thrilled!

Love you all,

Ri

1 comment:

  1. I know you miss Blue but having a cockroach for a pet??????? Miss all of you and love following your blogs.....

    ReplyDelete